What Is Solar Power?
Solar power is the conversion of sunlight into electricity, either directly using photovoltaic’s (PV), or indirectly using concentrated solar power (CSP). Concentrated solar power systems use lenses or mirrors and tracking systems to focus a large area of sunlight into a small beam.
Solar energy is radiant light and heat from the Sun harnessed using a range of ever-evolving technologies such as solar heating, photovoltaic’s, solar thermal energy, solar architecture and artificial photosynthesis.
It is an important source of renewable energy and its technologies are broadly characterized as either passive solar or active solar depending on the way they capture and distribute solar energy or convert it into solar power. Active solar techniques include the use of photovoltaic systems, concentrated solar power and solar water heating to harness the energy. Passive solar techniques include orienting a building to the Sun, selecting materials with favorable thermal mass or light dispersing properties, and designing spaces that naturally circulate air.
Future Scope of Solar Energy
- Demand for solar energy items is currently greater than supply.
- Today’s home solar energy systems are low maintenance and will last for decades.
- Due to increased competition from manufacturers and Solar energy kits, the cost of solar panels are falling.
- In the next decade, it’s expected that Solar power will be Lesser in price to traditional sources of electricity.
- Solar panels will be a standard feature for newly constructed homes and commercial buildings.
Benefits of Solar Energy
- Clean Energy Source:Solar panels give off no contamination; the main contamination that occurs as a consequence of solar panels is the assembling of these gadgets in industrial facilities, the transportation of the merchandise, and the installation. That means, once they’re actually installed on your home, they are doing absolutely nothing negative to the atmosphere; this is a huge difference than what you see from other forms of standard energy.
- Renewable and Sustainable:Solar energy is a renewable source of energy which means we cannot run out of it. Unlike fossil fuels that will expire in another few decades solar energy is never going to expire. We will continue to get solar energy as long as sun is there.
- Power Remote Areas:One of the incredible benefits of solar energy is the capability to bridle power in remote areas that are not necessarily connected to a national electrical matrix. A prime example of this is in space, where satellites are controlled by high productivity solar cells. The establishment of solar panels in remote areas is normally substantially more financially savvy than laying the high voltage wires that are necessary to provide these areas with electricity. Solar energy might be extremely productive in an expansive region of the globe, and new innovations take into account a more effective energy generation on cloudy/dull days.
- Can be Installed on Rooftops:Solar panels might be installed on any number of roofs, which wipes out the issue of trying to find enough space for solar panel arrangement. Not only does it save you space, but it can also end up saving you and your family a lot of money as well. Even though the installation cost of solar panels can be quite high, depending on how large they are and other factors, they give a free supply of power, which means that they will eventually pay for themselves in the long run.
- Reduce Electricity Bills:The utilization of solar energy to create power allows you and your family to be free of the limitations of fossil fuels that could negatively affect the power that your home is able to use on a regular basis. Getting your solar panels financed can help you to eliminate upfront cost that you might have to pay from your own pocket. Moreover, homeowners can sell surplus electricity generated to utility companies to reduce their monthly electricity bill.
- Availability:Sunlight is available throughout the world and can easily be harnessed by every nation. The only drawback is that it can only be harnessed during daytime. It is estimated that the world’s oil reserves will last for about 50-60 years, whereas sunlight is available forever and can be utilized till the end of this planet.
- Low Maintenance:Modern solar panels require less maintenance as they don’t involve any moving parts and last for about 20-25 years. They require few meters of space for residential use and require cleaning a few times a year.
- Silent:The creation of energy from the use of fossil fuels and other renewable energy sources (e.g. wind turbines) might be incredibly noisy, yet solar energy produces power quietly. That way, you won’t have to worry about adding sound pollution to the area that you live in either, which will make it that much more pleasant for your family and those who live around you. They operate silently and are therefore favored by many people.
What is Net Metering?
Net metering is the process through which you attain a “dual-benefit “by installing a solar power plant on the roof, open space, walls of the building to generate electricity. Generated power is first used in the building as per the requirement and the surplus power is fed to the grid of utility (PSPCL).
Know the Dual Benefit?
A bi-directional meter is installed in the supply line to register import and export of power. Net metering arrangements, thus, combine elements of captive power consumption and exchange of power with the utility. The bill is issued by utility after adjustment of import and export of power.
Do You Want To Install
Under Net Metering Policy, all consumers of electricity having minimum sanctioned load of 1.25KW and maximum of 12.50 MW who intend to generate their own electricity and desire to contribute towards environmental protection can install Solar PV plants on Roof-Tops/ Walls/Open area of Individual Households, Industries, Commercial Establishments, Institutions, Residential Complexes, Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Sheds, Cold Stores, Government and Semi-Government Buildings, etc.
Know Your Capacity Range
Under Net Metering Policy, Solar PV Power Plants of capacity ranging from 1KW to 10MW can be installed. The maximum capacity of solar power plant to be installed in a building would be 80% of the sanctioned electricity load of that building. But Solar Power Plant of actual required capacity should be installed and capacity is calculated as per formula given below:
- Total annual electricity consumption of house/building =……. KWh = (A)
- Per day electricity consumption = A/365 = (B)
3. Actual Plant Capacity = B/5 =…… KW
How does it work?
Under Net Metering policy, solar power plant is installed on the roof top of the building. During day time sun rays fall on solar panels to generate electricity. The generated power is used in the building for running electrical appliances and the surplus power is fed to the grid of PSPCL. In case the power requirement of the building is more than the power being generated, then extra power requirement is drawn from the grid. On the other hand, in case the power generated is more than the power requirement of the building, the surplus power is exported to the grid.
A Bi-directional Meter is installed in the supply line for reading the import and export of power and the bill is issued by PSPCL after the adjustment of import and export of power.
Consumer becomes generator for his own electricity requirements.
Reduction in electricity Bills.
Continuous supply of power in the building during power cuts.
Elimination of minimum monthly charges.
Generation is during the day time when demand is high.
Solar power is Green Power.
No pollution, Healthy Environment.
Reduces Global Warming.
Saving of fossil fuels like coal and other Petroleum products.
- Project capacity ranging from minimum 1 KWp upto 1MWp (AC side) with/ without battery back-up support will be eligible.
- The solar power generated in excess of the owner’s electricity consumption is fed into the grid through a bi-directional energy meter capable of registering both import and export of electricity.
- Surplus power exported by the SPV Generator to PSPCL will be banked & set-off in the Settlement Period October to September.
- A popular model for residential home owners, where turnkey installers lease the solar rooftop systems to individual owners who, in turn, pay them a monthly lease rental.
- PSPCL will take energy meter readings for import/drawl and export/injection of power and generate the bill.
- The consumer will be issued Energy Account Statement along with the bill for charges other than sale of power i.e. meter rentals, service charges etc., and banked energy will be carried forward for accounting in the next billing cycle.
- Electricity duty shall be levied on the billed amount after adjustment of units under net metering.
- The rooftop solar system under net metering arrangement, whether self-owned or third party owned, shall be exempted from banking charges and losses, cross subsidy and additional surcharge etc. Open Access Regulations will not be applicable on such plants.
Simply a lot of our producing program will be your final essay assistant and additionally most suitable option for the purpose of carrying out your personal documents and various customized paperwork. Think your long-time go through essay helper.